Warning: mkdir(): No such file or directory in /home/tondries/domains/radiyam.eu/public_html/phpcmsys/subr.i.cms.php on line 3961
Warning: fopen(../phpcmsys/cms.cont.00/users/ec2-3-88-156-58.compute-1.amazonaws.com.txt): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/tondries/domains/radiyam.eu/public_html/phpcmsys/subr.i.cms.php on line 2621
Warning: fwrite() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in /home/tondries/domains/radiyam.eu/public_html/phpcmsys/subr.i.cms.php on line 2622
Warning: fclose() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in /home/tondries/domains/radiyam.eu/public_html/phpcmsys/subr.i.cms.php on line 2623
putcontentval error - ../phpcmsys/cms.cont.00/users/ec2-3-88-156-58.compute-1.amazonaws.com.txt
This chapter is related to the next, on Vâastu, FengShui and Sacred Geography.
«[Orientations and the general line of urban development] shall avoid any impact from personal opinions and particular interests,
and install more the sacred law of the city.»
Gustavo Giovannoni in Landplanning facing old cities
• Bio-urban planning takes into account the whole critera of the Alive within a city, in order to become sustainable, livable, pleasant, friendly. And may welcome all citizen with their particularities, all districts of residential housing environments, as well as economic and commercial exchanges, in a brotherly inclusive intelligence and friendliness.
This is not the case nowadays, for separativities, partisan political constraints, the protectionist fences, concreted wasting of the territory due to economic expansion, badly managed by the bad chumminess, and other tendencies governed by financial investments with total disrespect for the common good, so, for all those elements and others, too many disparities cause the immense urban pollutions where violence reign, poverty, dirt, noise, foul air, so to speak about visible elements. But the psychic atmosphere, invisible, is an important part of the pollution too. The only way to permanently clean a city which attempts to work in a sustainable manner is to correctly place Nature within the urban environment.
• In bio-urban planning, the concept of health-city, of «Gaïa-citizenship»proposed at the UN Sumit on Habitat (Istanbul 1996) is a part of our initiative.
The human being is part of an open system within the environment, Gaia (planet Earth’s consciousness), who herself is part of a greater open system.
Those open systems work as a set of vital energies (bioenergy) in interactive informational networks which depend on each other, involving the citizen responsibility of their management within the global environment.
We work in the field of bio-urban planning through :
• energetic expertises for territories before building
• expertises of districts before transformations and «eco-areas» with interdependent creative cooperation
• siting and feasibility studies of «green/blue spaces» within the city (if possible with permaculture means).
• judicious use of the regulating climatic materials (example : the use of glass and metall for big urban buildings raises the temperature of 2 to 5 degrees locally ! Then the necessity to ventilate artificially must go together with those choices, quite far from an effective global sustainabiliy).
Energetics in this context applies to the management of flux and their interdependence according the universal laws of Nature, and linked with history of the settlement places. Here are considered: • atmospheric flux, • flux created by forms, • geologic flux, • tectonic flux, • flux created by the quarters’ organisation in a town, • flux of traffic, roads and streets, • human flux. To this is added the notion of sacralization of the land, earth ground and place.
More, the notion of life within the city is essential to apply sustainability to it.
To succeed, natural volumes (free spaces – green and blue) should be taken into account in relation to artificial volumes (built spaces), by admitting the necessity of their equilibrium in the urban management.